Landscape Team Leader
• Supervises a crew of up to 2 or more employees and prioritizes work.
• Regularly interface with customers to address questions, respond to requests, make reasonable adjustments to the plan, and performing a walk-through with the client when the job is completed to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Organizes, supervises, leads and trains employees to complete projects within established guidelines and time frames and quality.
• Complies and enforces all company quality standards, policies and procedures and safety requirements, including crewmember discipline and documentation.
• Assess job quality standards for all landscaping jobs to meet or exceed company’s quality standards.
• Regularly monitor, train and provide direction and feedback to crew members to ensure efficiency, quality and safety standards are met.
• Plan jobs and ensure that the necessary resources and materials are available in sufficient quantities and that time is managed efficiently. Ensure that all jobs are completed on time and within project budget.
• Maintain and monitor all work environments and assigned company equipment. Immediately report any damaged, broken, missing, or malfunctioning equipment and/or any safety concerns to the company owner.
• Regularly communicate job status to project manager, labor or material needs, project obstacles and/or additional resources to ensure landscaping plan results are achieved within the allotted timeframe.
• Represent and maintain the companies Values.
• Regular tree/shrub planting, shrub/hedge trimming and pruning, bed edging, mulching, etc.
1. Customer/Client Focus.
4. Collaboration Skills.
5. Decision Making.
7. Ethical Conduct.
8. Problem Solving.
10. Time Management.
11. Team Player
12. Desire to learn
The position directly supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company values, safety standards, policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include identifying future talent, leading a landscape crew to exceed company quality standards; training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints, ensuring the companies Mission, Vision and Values are executed on a daily basis and resolving problems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, power equipment, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in a variety of outside weather conditions, including inclement weather.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7p.m.,55-60 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in a horticultural field including but not limited to tree/shrub planting, shrub/hedge trimming and pruning, bed edging, mulching, etc.
• Must be able to efficiently and safely operate the tools and equipment necessary to complete jobs, including, but not limited to, skid steers, mini skid steers, gas-powered sheers, plant augers, chainsaws, backpack blowers, etc.
• Pre-employment background/Criminal checks are required.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, as we maintain a drug free work place.
• Ability to read and understand landscape design blueprints
• Ability to read and write (in English)
• Working knowledge of Regional plants for planting, pruning, maintenance and removal.
• High School Diploma/GED
Preferred Education and Experience
• 1-2 years prior supervisory experience is preferred.
Lebanon Lawn & Landscape is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, creed, gender, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination.
Lebanon Lawn & Landscape is committed to complying with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). It is our policy not to discriminate against any qualified employee or applicant with regard to any terms or conditions of employment because of such individual's disability. Consistent with this policy of non-discrimination, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations to a qualified individual with a disability, as defined in the ADA, who has made the Company aware of his or her disability, provided such accommodation does not constitute an undue hardship to the Company.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.